Monday 3 November 2014

psychometric:of, relating to, or deriving from psychometry or psychometrics.
Some psychometric tests can reflect typical of the testers' personality, some can not.

deliberately :consciously and intentionally; on purpose.
She left her bag on the table deliberately and went away.

 rejection:the dismissing or refusing of a proposal, idea, etc.
She got a rejection letter from the school.

inaccuracy :the quality or state of not being accurate
The data from the reporter was inaccuracy.

 portrait:a painting, drawing, photograph, or engraving of a person, especially one depicting only the face or head and shoulders.
There is a big portrait of the leader on the wall.

 peculiar:strange or odd; unusual
The ending of the film is peculiar and illogical.

 eccentric:(of a person or their behavior) unconventional and slightly strange.
I know I am the eccentric person in this work place class, but I still stay here because I can have some idea of job interview.

turn down
She got the offer from the company but she turned it down.

keep to 
We should keep to schedule from our teacher.

apply to
The result of the psychometric test applied to me exactly. 

emerge:
Some sad memory emerged suddenly once she saw these pictures.


get out of
You should get out of this situation, maybe moving to another city is better choice.

summary:
I was asked to take a psychometric test before a job interview. I deliberately got there early in order to calm down.   
Keeping to a limit time, I had to quickly make choice. After a week, I got a rejection letter from the company. The analysis didn't apply to me at all and it showed a totally opposite portrait of me. I sent a polite disagreement to the company and I enquired to a occupational psychologist about the peculiar and inaccurate result. She said the test was inadequate tool that the company should try to get out of it. Then I took another psychometric test. This test's 
profile was more detailed and accurate. It showed the typical of me. I think it is important to have a face-to- face discussions of test result with job candidates.

According to this article, I think a adequate psychometric test can really help companies to choose potential employees. The company should better consult a professional psychologist about the test and check the inaccuracy of the test before.




No comments:

Post a Comment